Monday, March 9, 2009

March 9, 2009

We had our first rehearsal today at the Friends In Deed space with Mark, Thomas the stage manager, Charles, Whoopi's rehearsal proxy Lisa, and myself. It was a table read only, but we got a lot done with the text. We also went to Harvestworks audio studio (in the same building as FID) to make the recordings heard on Klemmer's phone at the beginning of the play. Beside Charles and me, we had to record Cy O'Neal (one of the founders of FID) as a receptionist, Michael West (from Forbidden Broadway) as a movie star, and Mr. Jimmy Nederlander, Jr. as himself. Matt Berman and his asst. Rocky were there to help with this.

I went to the gym after rehearsal. When I got home I went over the changes we made in the script and send the new file to Thomas. Now we're trying to think of something we need for the script. Please leave your ideas in the comments section here. Here's what we're looking for: who is a really vapid, successful, young, female movie star today? We need The Andie MacDowell of 2009! The names I like the best so far are, in descending order: Sandra Bullock, Miley Cyrus, Anne Hathaway.

No comments: