Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 19, 2009

We had a great rehearsal today from 11 am to 3 pm. Bryan Batt was there and we did his big scene in the second act. We finished staging the show, then started from the top of Act One and went all the way through it. We had the fur cape there, so I was able to work with that. It's enormous!

After the rehearsal I went to a fitting at Eric Winterling. They have now fixed my first dress. They are pleased. I am pleased. And Fabio is pleased. Eric was in a fine mood. The lady who made the dress was impressed that I know how to stand like a 50s fashion model. The second dress is also finished and looks great. The lady who made that one was also excited.

I called Fran Lebowitz to go over her rehearsal schedule. The stage manager calls her and leaves messages, but she screens the call and doesn't talk to him or call him back. She picks up for me. And she was crabbing every step of the way. But I am still fond of her.

Michael Borowski sent this, below. It will be in The New York Times on Sunday. I suppose The Blade article and Gay City News will be out tomorrow.

No comments: