Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 11, 2009

Rehearsed at Henry Street Settlement Playhouse today from noon to 2. Finished blocking the first act, scene 2, and simplified a lot of the first part of that scene.

Went to the Union Square market and the gym on the way home.

When I got home I found out that we lost one of the actors! That's frustrating. But then my spirits lifted when Lily Tomlin called me to invite me to see Jane Fonda in "33 Variations." I told her I had already been (see below) but will go again. We will go with Lily's pal Vivian Schneider.

Then I rushed up to the Jacobs Theatre to meet my friend Howard who invited me to see "God Of Carnage." It was enjoyable. Hadn't been to that theatre since before its name was changed. It was fun to be in it again. Bumped into Sam Peabody out front. He's always so nice and supportive. And bless him for still enjoying going to the theatre. He knew about "Legends!" What a dear man.

Also saw the adorable Stuart Thompson there. He's one of the producers.

On the way home Howard and I bumped into Steven Weber on the subway train. Another super nice guy. Always friendly. We met on the movie "Jeffrey." (My scene was cut.) Steven is rehearsing "The Philanthropist" with Matthew Broderick for The Roundabout. Today was only the second day of his rehearsal.

Just for fun, here's a photo of the divine Faye.


No comments: