Sunday, March 22, 2009

March 22, 2009

I hardly spoke yesterday to save my voice.

Another long rehearsal today. I walked to the Friends In Deed space, and then I wore that tight costume for hours! The show is tighter, too. Charles and I seem to know what we're doing.

We'd been rehearsing the cast couple of times with the furniture for the show. At 6 the stage managers arrived and taped it all up for moving it to the theatre tomorrow. Darrin Maurer showed up for that.

Bryan has a cold. (I just sneezed; that reminded me; I seem to have allergies.) But he's still doing a fine job.

We staged the finale. The choreographer Josh Rhodes was there for that. Turns out I worked with Josh years ago on a number that we were going to do at Wigstock, which got cancelled that year for some reason I've forgotten. City problems, I think. Could have been 96. Anyway, we did some of the show, including my number, at The Palladium that year and called the event Wig-Not. And, of course, now The Palladium is gone.

I walked home from Friends In Deed. Picked up things for the dressing room.

When I got home, Fabio Toblini, the costume designer for the event, had sent me this photo of himself holding my Oscar prop.



Another friend in Mississippi sent this Mardi Gras costume winner. Very funny!

No comments: