Thursday, February 26, 2009

February 26, 2009

Yesterday there was a behind-the-scenes drama swirling around "Legends!" And I wasn't in the middle of it for a change! It almost felt good.

Last night I went to see Pal Joey with some friends and we quite enjoyed it.

Today I went to the Henry Street Settlement Playhouse at Abrons Arts Center on the Lower East Side to rehearse for the FOLLY benefit tomorrow night. I saw Robbie La Fosse at Pal Joey last night, and then there he was rehearsing his Isadora Duncan dance onstage. We shared a few laughs. We've known one another for over 30 years.

After my rehearsal (1:00 to 2:00 pm) I walked west on Grand Street to Eric Marciano's office to drop off a CD for him. He might be using it on a promotional tool for "Legends!" More about that later. Eric was late so I bought some fish at a Chinatown fish market and poked around some of the Italian food stores in Little Italy. I finally gave up on Eric and scotch-taped the CD to his office door, thanks to the nice young woman who works in the office next to his.

Around that time the news about Fran Lebowitz started hittting the internet. Here it is.

No comments: