Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February 17, 2009

I get such a kick out of knowing people are actually reading this blog! I haven't posted anything recently because my "LEGENDS! life" has been a little quiet. I did spend all day Sunday finishing the reformatting of the script. Along the way I made some notes for Mark Waldrop regarding the continuing tweaking of the text.

Yesterday I did a Q&A with Robert Simonsen (spelled correctly?) of Playbill. The focus of the interview, for me, was that the text we will be performing is not the original published version of the play. I will link the interview when it appears on playbill.com.

Tonight, the "famous writer" has agreed to be the reader of the stage directions for the event. We had another delightful, funny phone chat. I'm not going to print that person's name here, because Michael Borowski, our publicist, may be the one who wants to break the news.

On a personal note, I spent last evening with my old friend Mart Crowley ("Boys in the Band"). He has some good news about his work, but I'm not going to scoop him either. We went to dinner and watched a bad Bette Davis movie called "Storm Center" in which BD appeared as a frumpy librarian. The movie did have some serious social issues, which was kind of interesting. And, of course, I related to the little boy in the movie who was more interested in reading books than playing sports! Mart says the movie and the play "Tea and Sympathy" appeared the same year. I saw links. We also watched some of a TCM documentary about Bette that posits the possibility that Bette contributed to the death of her second husband with her own brand of domestic violence.

Here's a cover of one of the published copies of "Boys in the Band."



And just because I love putting images here, here's a bon-bon.

No comments: