Wednesday, February 11, 2009

February 11, 2009

Today I attempted to resolve the original music arrangement question. I resolved it to my satisfaction, but I don't know yet that I resolved it to others' satisfaction.

I also spent some time reformatting the script into what we are calling the "Reader's Version."

Fran Lebowitz has been on my mind. She's mentioned below in my first post. She came to see my first Off Broadway show "I Could Go On Lip-Synching" 20 years ago. She came with my friend Marc Balet and they happened to be there on the same night that the talented and funny dress designer Clovis Ruffin brought Kaye Ballard, Louise Lasser and Virginia Graham! Virginia, of course, marched right backstage and bellowed, "What did you have to eat today?" (I was really skinny then.) I told her and she said, "It was all gas. Did you have any bread?"

After Kay, Virginia and mild-mannered Louise left with Clovis, Fran turned to me and said, "So what's the matter? Peggy Cass wasn't free tonight?"

If I had been quick enough, I would have said, "No, and neither was Pat Carroll!"

On a personal note, I would like to announce that after complaining to my building superintendent for a long time about the so-called water conservation toilet that was installed in my bathroom about 16 years ago, I finally got a new one today! It seems to be much sturdier than that piece of junk I have lived with for so long.

Here's Virginia Graham.

No comments: