Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 19, 2009

Here is the Playbill article by Robert Simonson, now spelled correctly. The article is what it is.

And this is the towleroad story. You can see in the towleroad comments that someone complained about the fur in the promotional photo. But you can read about the fur further down in my blog.

I had my muslin fitting today. It took over 2 hours! Not since I was fitted by Thierry Mugler in Paris in 1991 have I found a fitting so exhausting. But, it's done now, and the subsequent fittings will not be so intense.

After the fitting I returned the wig used in the promotional photos to Gerard Kelly who is doing my wig and Whoopi's. I asked him to make it more filled with blond highlights. I don't know if he will.

Just for fun, here are 2 photos of the Swedish boxer Ingemar Johansson who died recently. Right after he died I saw one of his appearances on the rerun of "What's My Line?".



2 comments:

meperry said...

Hey John, your neighbor in 14D. Thanks for the card, I will be in Palm Springs returning on the 23rd will try to change return , would love to make it. My show is up till feb 28th fyi. Whoopi looks so bitter, funny in the legs shot. So happy for you, let me know if I can watch a rehearsal?? All the best, Mark

meperry said...

so happy to know about your blog btw.