Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sad news

Robert Hilferty, who I knew for about 25 years, and was the boyfriend of Fabio Toblini, the designer of the costumes for "Legends!" has died. I met Robert through the artist Prudence Whittlesey. When I met Prudence in 1984 she was working as a Zoli model in Tokyo. We met at a macrobiotic restaurant. We hit it off right away, and when Prudence returned to NYC we picked up our friendship and she was eager for me to meet Robert. Here's a link about Robert's death. The Internet is abuzz about Robert's death. His circle of friends and acquaintances was wide-reaching. Many, if not most, of the people are folks I don't know.

The accident that caused Robert's concussion happened the day of the "Legends!" event. He actually missed the show, but was there at the very end of the play, so I thought he had seen it, and didn't find out until the next day that he had missed it.

I'm very sad and confused about this death.

No comments: